The Tools & Equipment course is intended for staff, volunteers, and board members–in short everyone who works with or for you. This course will help you ensure your organization and people have what they need to utilize tools and equipment properly.
Tools and equipment help you to make the work happen. You cut, lift, move, sort, or reach stuff within your space because you have devices that help. You stay safe and healthy because you have equipment that protects you and others from injury. This resource is designed to help you keep the people delivering your mission safe from tool- or equipment-related injury.
Through this module, you will learn how to:
- Check that the tool or piece of equipment you are using is ready for use.
- Use the tool or equipment in a safe manner.
- Store the tool or equipment in a safe manner, one designed to keep it use-ready.
- Train others on how to use the tool or equipment.
In this course you will complete these five units:
- Safety Mindset
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hand Tools
- Non-motorized Equipment
- Powered Equipment
Afterwards, you’ll take the Tools & Leadership Quiz and get your Tools & Leadership Certificate.